Monday, November 24, 2008

All That And A Bag Of Chips

I'm at that age where I realize I'm not all that. A group of teens brush by me at the shopping mall giggling and sharing secrets and it's oh so obvious that I'm now "old".

I dance in the kitchen and my children lovingly roll their eyes and ask me to stop - my moves aren't so cool anymore I guess.

But one thing growing "old" is teaching me - take care of your body! Friends around me (old like me) are now having their prostates checked and their knees going out. Complaints of too much hair on my girlfriend's faces and no more hair on my male friend's heads - signs all around me.

This holiday season I'm giving myself some new gifts. I'm running a 5K on Thanksgiving morning and I'm not having those extra helpings of pie and ice-cream. AND I just signed on with a fitness trainer to run a marathon in 2009. I'm giving myself the gift of health this year.

Health is that one thing that makes everything else so enjoyable. Without it, everything is miserable.

So, this year my goal is to be "all that" MINUS the bag of chips. How about you? Why not give yourself (and the ones you love) the gift of health?