Monday, November 10, 2008

Give Me New Eyes

Sitting in the waiting area today I met a woman whose husband had undergone serious eye surgery recently. Having been diagnosed with a degenerative eye disease, he was actually given "donor eyes". To be completely accurate, he was given specific parts of the eye (both left and right) from someone who had passed away. The woman told me how he was transitioning through the surgery and that one of the eyes was not accepting the transplant well. Her husband was still having trouble seeing properly through that eye.

It was an interesting conversation that made me think about God. Our vision is so limited, His is eternal. Our perspective may be skewed by our upbringing, our hurts, and our past. Our depth, color, focus - all of these things can be off for years and we may not even realize it. God is completely focused, pure, and true at all times. He is sovereign. Oh to have His eyes. What would we change immediately if we could see the world through the eyes of the Almighty?

I want you to hear something. It's really quite cool so go with me. C'mon - trust me. It's one of my new favorite songs. It might quickly become your new favorite too.

Click here and take a minute - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OihvG607W-c

All I know is that I can't get the tune out of my head, nor the message out of my heart. God, give me your eyes today -